Muckle Media is seeking an exceptional communicator to support the head of its Inverness office as the agency works towards exciting growth plans. The winning candidate will be a team player who is equally happy in a leadership role and getting stuck in to deliver great results for our fantastic roster of clients.
Applications are sought from communications professionals with significant experience in corporate communications. The applicant will have experience in supporting organisations with issues and managing stakeholder relationships including political and community relations.
The successful candidate will either have worked at least to a level of Account/Associate Director in a PR agency or will have held a senior role in-house. The job will be based in Inverness but the successful candidate will service clients throughout the Highlands and therefore a solid understanding of the political and media landscape in the region is desirable.
As a senior member of the team, Muckle Media is looking for an individual that leads by example, can coach and train junior members of the team in core skills including writing, presentation skills and proposal writing.
This role would suit an enthusiastic, individual who is passionate about the Highlands and is looking for an opportunity to make their mark on an agency at an exciting stage in its growth. In return for your commitment to helping us be the best we can be we will provide a rewarding career path and the chance to join the senior leadership team of an agency with big plans.
For a confidential chat please contact Nathalie directly or to apply submit your CV, covering letter, notice period and salary expectations by email.
- Ethics (demonstrate compliance with CIPR professionalism and ethics code)
- Encourages self-organisation of workload and steps in to help deliver work when required
- Commitment to learning and development of yourself and the team
- Openness to new ideas and approaches
- Creates culture of team work rather than individual performance
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally
- Has strategic approach to business planning and client account work
- Delegates fairly and efficiently
- Takes a positive approach to all actions
- Can demonstrate excellence across all PR skillsets including: writing, presenting, pitching, planning, supporting crises, managing change, account management, financial planning, business development and creativity
- Maintains senior relationships within client base, key-opinion leaders and other third-party relationships; positioning Muckle Media as expert, business partner, informed and trusted counsel
- Provides senior strategic lead in maintaining and developing client relationships; positioning Muckle Media as key business partner at all times
- Has accountability for meeting client expectations at all times and is able to work with the team to deliver results
- Has accountability for ensuring evaluation and measurement of PR programmes within teams
- PR planning – determines course of action for the whole team on client programmes, timescales, deadlines, reviewing to ensure targets are met
- Writing – produces first-class and creative written work at all times
- Quality standards – sets high quality standards, has an eye for detail
- Inputs into business plan and strategic direction of the company via knowledge of market trends, to ensure long term, future growth and success. Ensures business plan is understood and implemented throughout the company
- Supports company culture wholeheartedly
- Ensures effective financial management of the group accounts, including contracts, creditors and debtors, overheads, fees and disbursement margins
- Leads strategy development for clients’ programmes
- Client retention – remains committed to retaining clients through developing strong relationships with client contacts
- Has in-depth understanding of the range of communications techniques required to execute PR programmes effectively and professionally
Account management and strategic thinking and planning
- Provides daily leadership, direction and guidance to account teams
- Capacity planning – accountability for resource planning for the practice group; plans ahead to avoid over or under-servicing and maintains profitability
- Develops solid business plans and budgets
- Monitors financial expenditure/fee income/business growth; inputs to finance and management teams
- Learns proactively about client businesses, new developments in the market and uses them to the client’s advantage
- Drives Muckle Media’s new business philosophy – initiates, leads and wins new business
- Takes leading role in both credentials meetings and pitches; coaches others to pitch successfully
- Develops creative programmes for new and existing clients in order to increase company turnover; converts new business opportunities into revenue
- Promotes company reputation in an effort to increase interest and income
- Supports the company’s succession plan, helps develop staff for greater responsibility and promotion
- Sets an impeccable management style to support company’s philosophy and culture
- Staff issues resolution – assists others in identifying and resolving staff issues; shows a mature, professional approach at all times to avoid internal conflicts; and seeks to ensure the company meets its employment obligations
- Super line management in terms of timely appraisals, follow-up, identifying training needs, coaching and mentoring
- Recruitment and selection – takes an active role in recruiting new employees