1. How did you get into PR – what’s your background?
I started off studying fashion and when I realised my sewing skills were more suited to darning socks than creating couture, I swapped pins for pens and began copywriting for an SEO agency. Thereafter I worked for an online retail store where I soon became more involved in both offline and online marketing activities for a much loved brand. Looking to work with a variety of different brands I then entered a PR agency where I was able to work with both local and international consumer brands developing PR strategies
2. What’s the best piece of coverage you’ve secured for a client?
Getting a local musician on the front page of national newspapers and having the entire country believing he’d been arrested which resulted in our client receiving incredible exposure.
3. Is there anything you’ve done in your career that you’re particularly proud of?
I was really proud to be a part of the team that won a national PR award for a global client. The campaign was also featured in an international FRUKT report on innovative campaigns.
4. What brands/startups do you think are doing a great job with their PR and marketing at the moment?
Recent: Sky- Polar Bear on Tube stunt; All Time: Tinder- Dog Stunt; West Jet Airline Santa stunt; WWFs Panda invasion (2013)
5. What’s been your biggest achievement out of work?
Rescuing my hounds
6.What’s your favourite song at the moment?
Geronimo by Sheppard
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
Reading, hiking; visiting food markets; baking; reiki, horse riding, dog walking and exploring new places with friends
8. What are your ambitions for the future, in and out of work?
To travel more, laugh more and work with a great team of people above all else